Thursday 20 January 2011

In Praise of Students...................

Jane Churchill Miss Molly teamed with Antique hand dyed Indigo Spot, Antique Indigo dyed sheet plus vintage french stripped espadrille fabric
Vintage Mulberry Home Fabric

GP & J Baker Henley Damask in Terracotta, this is a beautiful soft weathered cotton damask
I have been very remiss at posting since starting this venture online.......its seems life just has its ways of commiting your time without you knowing..........One of my greatest pleasures recently has been time spent in the comapny of my Upholstery Students during classes & also after hours.........Upholstery is very very addictive & all consuming once you are involved with a project. It combines two of my greatest passions, seating & antique & vintage fabrics. These passions spill over into my everyday life & it gives me great pleasure when I teach & can then see that passion ignite within my students, & yes life is never the same once you get the bug.......Last night I went to see the Green Hornet in 3D & was probably more interested in the sofas & chairs in the sets.....although I did enjoy the film itself..........so for me its always the sofas & chairs & the fabrics they are covered in........ I have posted a few of my students work, all the work shown here was completed within the weeks course

2 comments:

  1. Come and say hello if you do get to Shepton< i cannot think what I have in the van for the fair. but it is full to the roof! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the second chair...wishing I lived closer so I could take your class!!
    The best to you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete